Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Conflict Resolution Center’s training scholarships are open to all applicants regardless of sex, age, color, nationality, sexuality or religious background. CRC works hard to build a diverse and representative mediator pool and takes this into consideration when awarding scholarships. In addition CRC considers the following factors when awarding scholarships:
- Must reside in a community where we provide services.
- Must have financial need. We specifically aim to support low-income individuals and individuals experiencing financial hardship.
- Must have interest in and ability to volunteer at CRC. We require individuals make an upfront time commitment of 20 hours volunteer time in their first year and they must continue to volunteer 12 hours each year to maintain their status as an active mediator.
- Have desire and time availability to volunteer in programs where we have currently high demand for mediators (strongly preferred).
- Fluency in a language other than English (strongly preferred).
- Relationships to potential referral agencies. We are also looking to expand the reach of our organization and establish meaningful partnerships with agencies that can refer cases for mediation. With that in mind, we consider an applicant’s ability to establish long-term partnerships to referral agencies on behalf of the CRC (strongly preferred).
About our Award Process
As a nonprofit and community-based organization, we have a deep commitment to supporting individuals to train as mediators. We recognize the importance of providing financial support to applicants and aim to provide a limited number of partial scholarships to selected applicants. We typically have more requests for scholarships that we have scholarships to give. We make decisions about scholarship awards based on the strength and timeliness of an individuals’ application.
In the event that we cannot provide a scholarship for you, we are happy to speak with you about payment plan options which may enable you to participate in our training program.