Minnesota Statute Section 388.24
Every County Attorney’s Office in the state is required to provide a diversion program for first time juvenile offenders charged with certain types of offenses. CRC provides pre-trial diversion programs for counties. CRC’s Restorative Justice programs:
- Provide eligible offenders with an alternative to adjudication that emphasizes restorative justice
- Reduce the costs and caseload burdens on juvenile courts and the juvenile justice system
- Minimize recidivism among diverted offenders
- Promote the collection of restitution to the victim of the offender’s crime
- Develop responsible alternatives to the juvenile justice system for eligible offenders
- Develop a collaborative use of demonstrated successful culturally specific programming, where appropriate.
For more information about bringing juvenile diversion and restorative justice to your city or county, contact: email@example.com or call 612-813-3202.