Sometimes disagreements happen between family members. Issues may include:
- caring for aging or ill parents
- sharing the family cabin or other property
- dividing up estate property and items
- communications problems
- sibling disputes
- issues that are loaded with emotions, often long-standing ones
- adult children moving back home
- many other family issues.
Mediation is a guided process where parties come together to work out a solution and keep control over the outcome. Trained mediators provide a setting where reaching agreement is possible and all participants have the opportunity to voice their concerns.
The mediation process respects the rights of all involved. It is a confidential and voluntary process.